January 24, 2018

First day of the Spring Term OOTD: Boden Carina Dress

Bpden Dress with Booties
Boden Carina Dress

I started back to work from holiday break three Mondays ago. So my semester is already underway. Pitt always returns earlier than most. But we finish in late April which is nice. For the first day of classes I decided to wear a dress Chris had given me for Christmas: Boden's Carina dress. Since I see a lot of the same students, semester to semester, I like to wear something new if I have a new item available. For better or worse, I get a lot of comments in evals and in person regarding my teaching outfits. So I know it's something they notice.

I picked this dress for it's vibrant winter (ok, it's really fall but fall is over so I'm calling it winter!) floral print. It was on a great sale because I don't buy things unless they are. You can still find it on pop back here. It has a back zip and no pockets which is good because pockets would almost certainly bunch up in this fabric. This fabric is a very thick cotton canvas which means it won't run the risk of clinging to every curve and bump. But it's kind of stiff. I took a size 10R. The dress is not lined but it doesn't need it due to the fabric composition. I haven't washed it yet so I don't know how it will wear but so far it's a great addition to my work wardrobe. I paired it with Spanx tights and Sam Edelman booties. I brought a black cardigan with me in case the classrooms and hallways were cold.

If you haven't checked out Boden yet, you can get 20% off full price items and free shipping through my referral link.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails