May 24, 2010

One year later: Anna Sui Printed Skirt

This time last year I was living in DC, wrapping up archival research toward my dissertation as a Smithsonian predoctoral fellow at the National Museum of American History. On top of the amazing support I received from the Smithsonian Institution, I was also fortunate to live in a friend's parents' home in Georgetown. This allowed for lots of window and actual shopping after my research day wrapped. Living walking distance from an Anthropologie was pretty fantastic. It was so easy to try on lots of stuff. And the Georgetown store is perhaps the nicest I've ever visited! This Anna Sui for Anthro skirt was one of my sale buys and I wore it often.
Black cardigan from Macys
Anna Sui for Anthropologie printed skirt (Similar here and here)
Old navy tshirt
Tory Burch Lee Lee flats (similar here)
Hue tights
How I wore it last year:

The weather has been so confusing. At some points it is cold due to rain, then you will have hour or so long blips of insufferably heat and humidity when the sun comes out.  But this skirt is great because the cotton is super light and airy. And I really love the print so I find myself reaching for it with nostalgia for my research travels.

7 comments:

joelle van dyne said...

i love all the various stylings of this skirt! and it's nice that 1 year later you still love it, and have some nice memories attached to it. ~joelle

Amblus said...

Oh, that is a great piece! I especially love it in the third photo, sans tights.

SunnyDay said...

This skirt is really versatile! It looks different in every photo. I really like it in the photo with out the tights, too. All the stylings are great, though.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you joelle! I really like this print and the light weight makes it a great transitional piece through erratic weather.

Amblus and Desert Flower, thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely print! I like all the stylings of this skirt - but in particular the last one (without tights). It's great to have pieces that work in all sorts of weather. Something I'm always considering, living in London (UK), where the weather can be unpredictable, and it rains a lot...

Breezer said...

I love the print of the skirt! It's a great shape for you :-)

Carole said...

What a great versatile skirt. I love it too when something I have feels "forever".

Carole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails